Cereal used to be my absolute favorite when I was a kid. I’d have it for breakfast, or a snack or sometimes dessert, but after finding out how bad most cereals and milk were for the body I opted out of the cereal love. I hadn’t had a bowl of delicious crunchy cereal in forever until I discovered this recipe for Paleo Crunch, which I am infatuated with. I have it with Almond Milk in the morning and I’m good till lunch.
- ½ cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- ½ cup Raw Honey (melted)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 1 cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 2 cups Chopped or Slivered Almonds (I used chopped)
- Preheat oven to 325ᵒF
- Whisk first three wet ingredients in a small bowl
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well
- Spread onto a large cookie sheet with small sides to create a thin layer
- Bake 12 minutes, take out and mix around and continue baking for another 15 minutes
It should look toasted when it comes out of the oven. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before storing. I store mine in a large bailing jar in the pantry.
D’lish with some almond milk for breakfast or just plain as a mid day snack.